Sunday, December 31, 2006

Christmas Dinner part deux....4/5

More Christmas dinner pictures.
We had puffed pastries...yummy. Apericube wrappers are piling up on the plates. They have little trivia questions inside so that was fun.
Um so we were going to do a fondue with meat for the meal. But the machine just decided to stop. Amelie had tried it out before and it worked so it didn't make any sense. It was excitement, excitement as each time we turned it on it blew a fuse! It never did that before! So I started reading the manual. My cousin got up (he is behind me in the hallway) to check the fusebox.....

Amelie got up to check the stove top to see if we could do the fondue on the stove. I started looking at the machine more closely hmmmm...! Cousin still watching the fusebox as Amelie and I take turns trying to replug the machine and turn it on. Bam there goes the fuse again! Electrician in the house?So what do you do when you want to fondue but the machine doesn't want to? Cousin to the rescue! He patiently cooked all our meat and served it to us in style yummy! We had dipping sauces all ready to go on the table and it turned out to be a lovely meal.
My turn to wear the apron! Emma, I hope I am doing this right? I decided to make shortbread just like I do at home for Christmas.


So now, we pat the dough until it is evenly 5mm thick. Place one hand on top of the dough and with your other hand manipulate the dough and pinch it with your fingers in a fluted shape...and voila....a cooking show!
It was quite delicious!
Here are our buches de Noel. We had a chocolate one and a raspberry one yummy!

We had our buches de Noel with Mauritian tea! Yummy! It really is superb tea!
Well, I think that is all I am going to post for today. I think I am finally caught up!
This year was full of surprises. Started with a bang and well, will see how it ends this year. Actually the bang was the firemen dancing in the street for New Year's 2006. I am going back to that neighborhood again this year so who knows maybe this will be a tradition. Firmen really know how to ring in the New Year here....with dancing on the firetrucks!
2006 found me in Paris, took me to the States roadtripping (the highlight of my year so far!), back to Paris again, return to the States and back to Paris.
I have made many new friends, and learned a lot about the meaning and different levels of friendship since it is hard when one is far away!
Am learning I really do like teaching here and am getting a hang of the administration part as well.
Classes are going well and are challenging. Classmates are fun. Seeing family here is FUN FUN!
Seeing my friends who pass through Paris is fun!
Most of all am learning it is getting harder and harder to keep in touch and keep it real even with technology. Technology makes it so easy to shout out a line or two, but not keep in real connection with others. So my little tidbit for the New Year's. Love your loved ones for real and make sure you tell them that any way you can....not just with email! It can get so impersonal!
I am trying to catch up with the Joness with myspace, but you know what it is not the same as a good old fashioned card in the mail, letter in the mail, phone call, and most wonderful of all...a good ole fashioned hug (I love seeing my cousin Walter and giving/getting hugs)! I hope I don't get lost in the technology and isolate myself from real contact. So please do keep in touch.
Thanks to my fam. for the Christmas cards and text messages. That was really special. The cards are sitting on my shelf ...our Christmas shelf.
Thanks to all mis amigos who call. You rock and helped me through a tough time. I think my health is finally on the mend.
Much love from Paris and HAPPY NEW YEAR'S and may this year be even better than the last ones....boy how time flies 2007 here we come!
'Til next year...........signing off.
Peace,
Grace

ps after checking my blog...there was a technical difficulty so this is actually the second to last blog for today oops! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home