Metrolink weekend part deux!
I know, I know, I just got the birthday pictures and am reformatting them. And why am I saying Metrolink part deux? Because Blogger won't let me put up anymore photos so I am having to do this in reverse order. So the following photos are part deux of the Metrolink weekend photo essay....will put up part un by this weekend.
A quick explanation. Metrolink did a free Saturday all-day event where we rode from Orange to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Oceanside, Oceanside to San Juan Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano to Orange.
Quite the fun, full day of travelling by rail (sometimes sleeping) all day!

Here is a view from the window of our Southbound Metrolink. We went from the gloomy yet distinct skyline of downtown Los Angeles.....

....to this! Sea, surf and sand...with Palm Trees! I know it is cloudy, but hey at least we were not dying in the heat. We were not complaining!

Metrolink station in Oceanside.
Notice bikes are also passengers on these trains. What a great idea!
Skip traffic.... we flew by the 5 and saw all the poor people stuck in their cars sorry! So back to the bike...you get to your station and just hop off with your bike to see the beach.

Here is a Metrolink coming in to the San Juan Capistrano station.

San Juan Capistrano station. We stopped off for some delicious fish tacos and to peek at the "jewel" the mission. It's just across the street.

After getting off the metro found this cute little VW!
Had to stick my arm through the fence to get this shot.
Sorry, could not get a front shot.

Lastly, here is our princess getting ready for bed. She is sleeping as I type ...purr!
Will work on part un as soon as I can format those photos.
Bisous from much cooler now California.
A quick explanation. Metrolink did a free Saturday all-day event where we rode from Orange to Los Angeles, Los Angeles to Oceanside, Oceanside to San Juan Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano to Orange.
Quite the fun, full day of travelling by rail (sometimes sleeping) all day!

Here is a view from the window of our Southbound Metrolink. We went from the gloomy yet distinct skyline of downtown Los Angeles.....

....to this! Sea, surf and sand...with Palm Trees! I know it is cloudy, but hey at least we were not dying in the heat. We were not complaining!

Metrolink station in Oceanside.
Notice bikes are also passengers on these trains. What a great idea!
Skip traffic.... we flew by the 5 and saw all the poor people stuck in their cars sorry! So back to the bike...you get to your station and just hop off with your bike to see the beach.

Here is a Metrolink coming in to the San Juan Capistrano station.

San Juan Capistrano station. We stopped off for some delicious fish tacos and to peek at the "jewel" the mission. It's just across the street.

After getting off the metro found this cute little VW!
Had to stick my arm through the fence to get this shot.
Sorry, could not get a front shot.

Lastly, here is our princess getting ready for bed. She is sleeping as I type ...purr!
Will work on part un as soon as I can format those photos.
Bisous from much cooler now California.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home